Help! I have a dilemma - and I'm not sure what to do.
I've had feedback from two agents that my writing is great, but the book might be a difficult sell in the US market - because it's set in London. Now I'm not sure what to do, as I don't want to hound these agents with emails saying "I CAN CHANGE!" (I'd feel like a stalking girlfriend.)
I can happily swap the locations to New York and Canada (sans Scotland) - Cleopatra's needle has a sister in central park, New York City has an underground and large river. Canada can get just as cold as Scotland (very important) and I already have Hawaii as the hot spot (though it's not specifically named in book one of the series).
Do I make this change - does a sale hinge on it?
Do I contact the agents/editor who presently have the partial/full and let them know I'm happy to make the change if they feel it's required?
Or do I wait and see if they come back wanting to work with me first - then I find out if the change is needed?
RWNZ members I need your advice!